HERE WE MOVE - HERE WE GROOVE
an art documentary about migration, music & miracles.
The question is not whether we want Europe to change. It is happening.
The questions is what do we do with it.
magic realism – rough edges – nobel approach
– An Art Documentary about Music, Migration and Miracles
– Produced by DOXY Films Amsterdam, 2017 – 2020
– Directed by SERGEJ KRESO
– Cinema Start 27. May 2021
– Runtime: 91 / 55 min. (Cinema / TV)
– IDFA Amsterdam, The Netherlands
– FF Limburg, The Netherlands
– EFM Berlinale Berlin, Germany
– Doc.Fest München, Germany
– GoEast Wiesbaden, Germany
– FFM Moscow, Russia
– Docs against Gravity, Warsaw, Poland
– Fest of Tolerance, Zagreb, Croatia
– Movies that matters, Hague, The Netherlands
– more to come
– Soundtrack by BalkanBeats SoundSystem
BEHIND THE SCENES
“Dub-dub” is the sound the wheels make as DJ Robert Šoko drives his taxi over the spot in the road where the Berlin wall once stood. It also echoes the East-meets-West beat of rousing Balkan rhythms blended with Western music that Šoko launched onto the European club scene in 1993, under the name Balkan Beats. As a young migrant from former Yugoslavia, Šoko organized dance nights that quickly became a hit in European cities: combining the Berlin punk mentality with the energetic music of his native country.
Now that the popularity of the movement is waning, Šoko is looking for a new source of inspiration. He finds it on a trip back to his native soil, where streams of refugees from Syria and Afghanistan are passing through. For many of them, Berlin is the dream destination. On the spot, Šoko immediately gets to work with the new music he hears.
In this both musical and socially engaged story about building bridges with music, an Afghan boy raps to Palestinian beats and a Greek woman sings about what it’s like to be an immigrant…